File access through windows.
- Navigate to Computer, Network, SERVER, username to access your home directory, or go directly to \\SERVER\username
- If you can't see the username folder, but you can see photographs and videos, click the address bar and type it in manually.
- Navigate to Computer, Network, SERVER, photographs to access photographs, or go to \\SERVER\photographs directly.
- It's the same for videos, but it's not possible to play videos directly from the server — it's not fast enough. You would need to copy them to your computer first.
It should be possible to map a network drive to these locations, or create a shortcut.
File access through SFTP.
FileZilla is no longer recommended; it used to be free, but recently the developers decided to add malware (browser toolbars, trackers etc) which can be difficult to disable. Don't use it any more.
Instead, CyberDuck seems to do more-or-less the same thing.
- Log in through SSH (normal server password), for example use PuTTY.
- Type passwd to change the password you just logged in with, also used for access through SFTP, and for the private web sites.
- Type smbpasswd to change the password used for file access through Windows.
- It's no problem to change both to the same thing, but use a decent password — the server is accessible on the internet!